Me in Real Life

Me in Real Life

Weight Loss Tracker: One Step At A Time

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Will today be the day

I change my life?  Probably not.  Each morning I have a new opportunity to make better nutrition and exercise decisions. Yet, each morning, as if on autopilot, my car drives me to the donut shop to get my daily cinnamon roll.  I literally go EVERYDAY.  No really, the nice shop keeper knows me by face and order.

...and exercise, what's that?!?!  I seldom make time to exercise.  Yes, I realize that most people who exercise, simply make time for the activity, but I insist on using the old "I don't have time" excuse.  In the recent past, I've quickly become discouraged when I venture into the "workout zone" AKA, the gym because the amount of effort I give far out weighs the return that I get. I mean really?  I rearrange my schedule, secure care for my kids, rush to the gym, spend at least an hour there, and for what?  Nothing changes, I'm still FAT!  Okay, I know exercise makes a difference over time, and not just in appearance, but in overall health.  Some genius should invent something, anything that would allow me to see immediate results for exercising.  Maybe then I'd be motivated to stick with it for the long haul.

So, how do I know today won't be the day that I change my life? It's simple, actually -- basic grammar offers a clue.  The idea is presented in the form of a question.  Things don't happen until one makes a decision and takes some action steps toward making them happen.  I'm standing at the starting line, the official has fired the gun, everyone else has taken off, am I'm still trying to decide if I want to run the race. Nope, today will NOT be the day!

1 comment:

schika1908 said...

If you're stuck in a rut like me, check out this article for inspiration! "10 Painless Ways To Lose Weight" at WebMD.
http://women.webmd.com/guide/weight-loss-tips