Me in Real Life

Me in Real Life

Weight Loss Tracker: One Step At A Time

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What to eat?

Greens
Onions
Mushrooms
Beans/berries
Seeds

The acronym rhymes with combs.  Retrain your taste buds to prefer these foods, and you're well on your way to a healthier you!  These foods are nature's way of providing us with the nutrients our bodies need to repair themselves and return to healthy states of being.

What are some of your favorite varieties of these foods? I love spinach and turnip greens, all types of onions, raw or cooked, and sauteed mushrooms are completely yummy!

My favorite beans must be green beans, but I also like pinto beans, lima beans, navy beans, and kidney beans. Don't get me started on berries! Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries -- i love them all! I'm thinking of getting a juicer to make some tasty juices that incorporate these great berries.

I'm not so big on seeds.  However, I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday and he was proclaiming the new super seed to be -- hold on to your hats -- chia seeds!  Thinking that chia sounds familiar, but can't quite place it, think Chia Pets.  Yes, they are one in the same!  Except you'd want to get your chia seeds for consumption from the health food store.  Apparently the chia seeds expand in your stomach making you feel full and limiting your ability to over eat.

No comments: